Welcome to the 2013-2014 School Year!
I have high hopes that each of you were able to have a great summer relaxing and are ready for this new school year.
As we all know, we are ALL encountering many changes and challenges for this school year: new administration in many areas of the district, new students, and most obviously implementing the Common Core State Standards and using the new Course of Study for each grade level. The Courses of Study that have been distributed should serve as our road map for how we are teaching the new CCSS. These documents contain links to lessons and resources to help implement the standards. Please make notes on what is working and is not working, keep a log of mistakes and items that need to be fixed. We will be working as a team throughout the year to update the Courses of Study. This way we will have the best working document to support teachers.
This year will be a challenge as we implement the new standards, but I know that we are all capable of stepping outside of our comfort zone and working as a team to help our students reach these new HIGH standards.
Please let me know how I can assist each of you!! I am so excited to work with each teacher, Lakewood truly does have some of the most talented staff, I look forward to learning from each of you as well!
Here is to a fantastic school year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment